UX UI Application Developer
We are seeking a UX/UI Application Developer to join our team. The successful candidate will have a strong background in and command of user interface design, application design, responsive design, and user experience design with a passion for front-end development technologies. This role will be responsible for developing, testing and maintaining our existing collaboration platform (hosted on a WordPress CMS) for the UX community.
This position for an Application Developer sits in Roseland NJ. Reporting to the UX Director this role has three specific areas of focus:
• Develop, test and maintain an existing Word Press supported collaboration platform, which serves as the online hub for the company’ s User Experience community.
• Work with the UX team to research, analyze, design and develop new enhancements to this platform; expand the scope of functionality and offering of the online hub
• Act as an approachable, pragmatic thought-leader and SME regarding Front-End technology for the UX community
The position requires experienced front-end development skills, a knowledge of emerging and prevalent design trends in the interactive industry, and the ability to collaborate around goals and self-manage. In addition, proven leadership and consensus-building skills are a plus, along with the ability to think strategically in a rapidly evolving environment. The successful candidate will be a driven self-starter with a focus on problem solving and building a modern and engaging collaboration experiences, have his/her ego in check, and thrive in a fast paced, fast thinking, multiple business line environment.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
• You will work closely with the UX CoE team to enhance our existing collaboration platform, building new experiences and functionality to better serve the UX community. It’ s fun work, and your impact will be broad.
• You should be able to analyze, study and understand requirements, read user task flows and objectives, convert design assets into responsive web pages, and optimize code within an existing Angular 2+ framework in a fast-paced environment.
• Cultivating a balance between getting stuff done tactically and thinking more broadly about the whole organization. You’ ll need to be able to shift on a dime, and you should be a savvy communicator - good at reaching out to colleagues and interested in building your network inside the company.
• As a key member of a small team you will promote a fun, supportive, collaborative environment to bring out the best work in others. You should be able to mentor and guide other front-end developers around the organization.
• You will participate in and facilitate UX reviews with product teams, size up this work to our existing standards, and innovate around extensions or evolutions.
• You’ ll participate in our project planning and release management exercises.
• Acts as an expert source of technology and application knowledge within their domain. Research, recommend, and introduce new technologies and new uses of existing technologies, participating in Business planning, IT strategy and setting direction.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• B.S Computer Science or equivalent, with strong fundamentals and problem solving skills.
• Expertise with building custom Wordpress sites using a minimum of plugins. Knowledge of the Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) plugin a plus.
• Strong knowledge of Angular 2+ including angular-cli, HttpClient, Reactive Forms, building custom re-usable components and Routing.
• Strong knowledge of Typescript, JSON, NPM for dependencies, Git and SASS.
• Hands on experience in implementing designs from layered Photoshop PSDs. Experience with Sketch a plus.
• Hands on experience using Firebug for Mozilla, Developer Toolbar for Chrome and IE Developer Toolbar for Internet Explorer.
• Hands on experience using Agile software development methodologies.
• Experience with data visualization libraries such as Highcharts or D3.
• Experience in system analysis, design, workflow architecture, development, testing and maintenance of web-based applications.
• Worked on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering through client interaction, Design, Documentation, Development, Integration, Testing, Configuration and Production Support.
• Excellent skills in building elegant professional websites while adhering to W3C standards using table-less layouts.
• Excellent understanding of Software Quality, Configuration Management and Software Release Practices.
• Expertise in preparing effective interactive solutions that meet business, project, and design goals, based on standards and guidelines.
• Ability to perform and deliver in complex projects, meet deadlines and adaptable to ever changing priorities.
• Highly energetic and enthusiastic in learning and keen to adopt new technologies.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.