Lead DevOps Engineer
W-2 US Citizen Required
Responsible for the overall deployment process and tools in support of our SaaS based application infrastructure. Visible position that manages how products are delivered to the customers and run in a private cloud by working closely with developers & architects in supporting new application feature launches and manage 24x7 web applications using automated deployment tools.
• Lead DevOps Engineer should have a strong background in configuration management enabling standard configurations.
• This is a hands-on role working collaboratively with product development and operations to enable quick builds in parallel project driven agile development environment.
• Deep understanding of Microsoft technology stack coupled with an IT Operations background to monitor, support, troubleshoot and deploy our multi-tenant solutions.
• Expected to deliver innovation through automation to enable standard deployable units of infrastructure through multiple environments into production
• Point of contact for projects responsible to identify, design and deliver project infrastructure needs.
• Partners with Project Managers, Technical Architects, Technical Managers, DBAs, Developers, QA, Operations to ensure infrastructure deliverables has been deployed, validated and operational guidelines and documentation has been handed over.
• Willing to assume any role within infrastructure or in the assigned project to drive delivery of the project within the standards set in infrastructure
• Influence others through presentations to the architecture group to drive initiatives and technical project designs
• Maintains a high degree of professionalism and mentorship as cross-training, knowledge sharing, and presentations are required
• Can organize, assemble and lead teams from multiple IT groups, and in some instances, may supervise daily work activities of assigned team(s)
• Focus on security best practices to ensure currency of our systems providing solutions and assistance in security and compliance activities
• Work closely with product to define and implement and improve user experience.
• Overall, you will be responsible for day-to-day task management and planning, working closely with product and stakeholders, participating in design sessions, leading and mentoring engineers to ensure that they follow best practices and guidelines, performing heads-down development.
Working on technical integrations with backend APIs, and working with QA to assure top quality deliverables on-time.
• Strong Experience with Source code and version control systems, SVN and GitHub
• Strong Experience in Build tools like MSBuild or ANT/Nant.
• Experience in the deployment tools like Blade Logic, Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
• Experience in Build Automation tools Hudson, Jenkins, BuiltBot or CruiseControl.
• Experience in build, deploy, troubleshooting and maintaining web applications.
• Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SQL, HTML, XML
• Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
• Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios, Zabbix, Wily, BMC, Splunk)
• Familiarity with some or all of the following: IIS, tomcat, SQL Server, memcached, Oracle and database clustering, etc.
• Advanced experience with Windows Server required.
• Familiarity with Linux preferred.
• Excellent team player, including the ability to work cross functionally in a fast paced environment.