Project Manager - IT Infrastructure (Contract)
Experience with the establishment and/or maintenance of a Project Management Office (PMO) Must have set up prior PMO' s
Seeking resumes for a Project Manager to assume responsibility for all project resource coordination for the Linux/Open System group within the Information Technology department.
Education: 4-yr College Degree preferably in Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to facilitate large meetings with all management levels in attendance
• Extensive experience managing using a structured System Development Life Cycle
• Extensive project analysis experience
• MS Office Suite, especially MS Project
• Strong teamwork ethic and customer support focus
• Ability to take ownership of issues to resolution.
• Experience working with computer systems administrators
• Experience working with software development technical teams
• Experience with the establishment and/or maintenance of a Project Management Office (PMO)
• MS Project Server
• IT Infrastructure Projects
• PMP Certification
• 4+ years of project management in a corporate environment
• Working with users to discuss problem analysis, systems modifications and gather requirements
This position will be responsible for coordinating technical activities and project management within the Open Enterprise Systems group. This would include the management of scope, requirements, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk, procurement and integration. Additionally be responsible for preparing detailed project plans using appropriate PM tools such as MS Project, MS Office and MS SharePoint. Candidate will report directly to the group manager and prepare project reports and summaries as requested. The project manager will handle scheduling and conducting/facilitating project meetings. This includes being responsible for coordinating with other group personnel for managing and leading ancillary technical activities.
Develop detailed project schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports. Track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet needs of customers. Reports on project progress throughout the project lifecycle. Identify, gain allocation and coordination of project team resources. Obtain business and IT sponsor approvals. Conduct regular status meetings to review project activities, priorities and expectation, issue escalations issues and changes.
The strong candidate will have experience managing enterprise infrastructure projects particularly with server technologies. The candidate must be able to extract technical information from frontline technicians and document technical details to project management deliverables. Having a technical background and/or prior systems administration or operations experience with would also be preferred. Moreover, the candidate must be able to multi-task and manage other non-project deliverables at the discretion of the group manager.